Want to be part of SASiety
SASiety is growing as a society, so we wanted to give more people the opportunity to be an integral part of shaping student experience, events – in-person, virtual, and otherwise.
We learned many things last year and with the pandemic, we had to make many adjustments. But just because some in-person events are resuming, this doesn’t mean that virtual events will stop altogether!
One of the best things last year was the fact we had so many distance learners joining us from aboard. In that spirit, we would highly encourage anyone within SAS to be involved, whether you are here in the UK or aboard!
This is an exciting new opportunity to get involve, have a say, and meet great people that are just as passionate as you are.
- Ideally someone in London who can lead in-person events in Conny’s absence.
- Someone with creative ideas
- Keeping an eye on and answering SASiety mail
- Natural Promoter – easy to talk to person
Social Media Manager
- Can come up with catchy captions
- Some ability to generate engagement
- Loves a gif or two
- Knows how to network and use catchy hashtags
Social Events Officer
- Needs to be friendly and welcoming
- Flexible and Organised
- Able to organise a range of exciting and fun events
- You don’t have to be super outgoing! Our previous S.E.O was an introvert by design and she was brilliant at what she did
Social Events Deputy
- Give a helping hand to the S.E.O
- Assist with booking spaces
- Coming up with ideas!
- Running writing retreats in S.E.O’s absence
- Spreading the word
Academic Events Deputy
- Someone creative
- Someone who is happy to engage in a bit of email back-and-forth when it comes to organising events
- Someone who’s eager to get a range of voices on board, especially those who have been underrepresented.
Deadline: November 1st 2021
If you are interested in any of these positions, please email us at email@example.com with a 150-200 word paragraph as to why you think you’d be good for the position, what are some things you are looking forward to doing, or your general vision for the position!Email us
Why should you apply?
“Being the social events secretary for 2020/21 was so much fun and really helped me to feel like I was part of a lager academic community through the various lockdowns.”
In the committee we try to support each other as much as we can. You’re never alone when organising an event or writing something for the blog. You don’t have to be the most outgoing person to take on a role! Besides being actively involved in the SAS community you will get to meet new people and (a bonus) it will look good on your CV.